There are plenty of benefits of making organic garden compost. Even if we start to mention every benefit and advantage of organic garden compost, then you will surely get bored. To make it interesting for you, let’s ponder over a question. Why is it said that we should make a compost pile at home? You all will be having many answers but let us tell you the main reasons for the same. If we create organic garden compost at home, we get to recycle all the house waste. The compost further helps to increase the soil’s tilth, maintain a neutral pH, quadruple the soil’s ability to store water, and add more nutrients to the soil.
You must know that if you feed compost to your garden soil, it will feed the microbial and earthworm, which further helps the plants grow. Thus, we can say that compost, directly and indirectly, saves plant life and comes with many benefits.
Learn To Make A Compost Pile To Get Organic Garden Compost
Mix the kitchen, yard, and garden waste in a pile and provide the conditions that help to encourage decomposition – the first step of composing. Further, the compost pile process is fueled up by the presence of microbial and microorganisms. How do microbial and microorganisms help to fuel up the composing process? They devour and recycle the waste to produce a valuable soil amendment that is rich with organic fertilizer and the best organic garden compost.
The Whole Step By Step Process Of Making A Compost Pile
- Make sure that the size of the pile should be 3′ x 3′ x 3 minimum. The reason being that small piles will not be sufficient, and much larger piles are hard to turn.
- Make sure that your compost pile should get enough moisture between 40 and 60 percent. You need to make your pile stooping wet but provide enough moisture.
- When all the organic items that you have put in the pile will increase the heat within the pile, the heat produced solely makes the process faster. A REOTEMP Compost Thermometer is normally used to measure the temperature of the pile.
- You don’t need to aerate your post often as it will break down on its own in a slow manner. Also, make sure that you provide sufficient oxygen to the pile as it will keep the microbial happy.
- Materials like nitrogen-rich “green” materials like grass clippings, vegetable peelings, leaves, straw, sawdust, and carbon-rich stuff will be useful to compost and are considered to be the best materials.
Creating organic compost for your garden is a more difficult process than it seems. We have discussed all the benefits and how one can create a compost pile, and then you need to apply the compost, which you can watch on youtube live to ensure that you are doing it the right way.